How Can You Support Weekend Backpacks?
The most frequently asked question is, “What can I do to support Weekend Backpacks?” It costs approximately $10/week, $40/month or $400/school year to feed a child and their family. We greatly appreciate all your generous support!
So how can you help?
- Click here to make a donation online.
- Write a check in any amount made payable to “Weekend Backpacks” and mail it to us at:
P.O. Box 21486
Baltimore, MD 21282
- Buy donations cards. A pack of six donation cards is $50 and is available at 1505 Bedford Ave. or can be ordered online. You can also go online to make a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” and a Weekend Backpacks donation card will be sent in a timely manner.
- Buy Donation Cards Here
- Participate in our supplemental collections — hats, gloves, scarves, school supplies, toiletries, sanitary supplies, etc.
- Consider becoming a much-needed sponsor. (Last year’s event raised over $250,000.)
- Purchase gala tickets for you and all your friends.
- Do you know someone who has a charitable foundation? We’d love an introduction so that we can discuss opportunities for them to support our mission.
Join our family of volunteers
You can make a difference in the life of a hungry, homeless child. Please consider giving us an hour of your time. We welcome students, seniors, individuals and religious groups to help us pack or drive.
We greatly appreciate ALL your generous support! YOU make it happen!
We pack and deliver bags three mornings a week.
1505 Bedford Avenue
(behind Walgreens, at the corner of Reisterstown & Old Court Roads)
During this time of COVID-19, we are scheduling prep and packing sessions in accordance with CDC regulations. If you would like to volunteer, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive our emails informing individuals of volunteer opportunities and times.
If you are a new volunteer scheduled to pack or prep, please fill out our
Hats Gloves and Scarves
Our current campaign is to distribute warm hats, gloves and scarves for Baltimore City schoolchildren in need. We send them out as quickly as we receive them. If you would like to help us with this project, purchase new winter hats, gloves, or scarves in any size and bring them to 1505 Bedford Avenue in Pikesville Thursdays or Fridays between 8:00 AM and noon. (Except holidays).
Drivers wanted — more gratifying than NASCAR
- Report to 1505 Bedford Ave. at a designated time; schedule begins at 10 a.m. every Thursday morning during the school year
- Have bags loaded into your car
- Deliver to assigned school
- Have bags unloaded from your car by school personnel or students, 60 – 90 minutes from pick-up to completion
- Spend the rest of the day knowing you helped so many in need
Please contact us at email@example.com