How Can You Support Weekend Backpacks?
The most frequently asked question is, “What can I do to support Weekend Backpacks?” It costs approximately $10/week, $40/month or $400/school year to feed a child and their family. We greatly appreciate all your generous support!
So how can you help?
- Click here to make a donation online.
- Write a check in any amount made payable to “Weekend Backpacks” and mail it to us at:
P.O. Box 21486
Baltimore, MD 21282
- Buy donations cards. A pack of six donation cards is $50 and is available at 1505 Bedford Ave. or can be ordered online. You can also go online to make a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” and a Weekend Backpacks donation card will be sent in a timely manner.
- Buy Donation Cards Here
- Shop smile.amazon.com and designate Weekend Backpacks as your charity of choice.
- Participate in our supplemental collections — hats, gloves, scarves, school supplies, toiletries, sanitary supplies, etc.
- Consider becoming a much-needed sponsor. (Last year’s event raised over $250,000.)
- Purchase gala tickets for you and all your friends.
- Do you know someone who has a charitable foundation? We’d love an introduction so that we can discuss opportunities for them to support our mission.
Join our family of volunteers
You can make a difference in the life of a hungry, homeless child. Please consider giving us an hour of your time. We welcome students, seniors, individuals and religious groups to help us pack or drive.
We greatly appreciate ALL your generous support! YOU make it happen!
We pack backpacks every Thursday morning
9:30 – 11 a.m. at
1505 Bedford Avenue
(behind Walgreens, at the corner of Reisterstown & Old Court Roads)
During this time of COVID-19, we are scheduling prep and packing sessions in accordance with CDC regulations. We are limiting the number of volunteers to 10 at a time. If you would like to volunteer, please email Alan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org to be scheduled.
If you are a new volunteer scheduled to pack or prep, please fill out our
Socks, Socks, Calling all Socks
Our current campaign is attempting to distribute 12,000 pairs of socks. We send them out as quickly as we receive them. To date, we have collected 2,700 pairs and more are coming in every day. If you would like to help us reach our goal, purchase new pairs in any size and bring them to 1505 Bedford Avenue in Pikesville Thursdays or Fridays between 8:00 AM and noon. (Except holidays).
Drivers wanted — more gratifying than NASCAR
- Report to 1505 Bedford Ave. at a designated time; schedule begins at 10 a.m. every Thursday morning during the school year
- Have bags loaded into your car
- Deliver to assigned school
- Have bags unloaded from your car by school personnel or students, 60 – 90 minutes from pick-up to completion
- Spend the rest of the day knowing you helped so many in need
Please contact Steve at email@example.com or 410-615-3340.